Welcome to the academic advancement center
Welcome (Back) to the aac – Fall 2021
Hello Academic Advancement Center students!
As school starts this week, we wanted to take some time to welcome back returners and new incoming students as well as share some updates and changes in the AAC.
We have missed your energy and sharing space together. We recognize the last year and a half has been full of challenges requiring us to make shifts in the ways we navigate this world and our daily lives. The AAC went remote in last March, and none of us would have expected to have been away from the office this long. We hope you have found ways to care for yourself during this time and over the summer.
First, we have had some staff transition to new roles and opportunities and will be hiring TWO new Retention Specialists. We will send their introductions once they are hired. Some of you may have experienced changes in your Retention Specialists and we want you to know that we have worked hard to assure a smooth transition between staff.
- New for Fall 2021: Our office is pleased to announce that we have expanded services to a new location: Johnson Hall, room 119. This space will function as a tutoring location, computer lab, and study hall. Free printing is available! Services will continue to be offered at Gibbons as well. Please stop by to explore our additional space! Note: Until Winter break, students will need to navigate 4 steps to access the Johnson Hall space.
- Please feel free to call our main office for general questions at (970) 491-6129 or email your Retention Specialist directly.
- You will be receiving an invitation to schedule your first AAC appointment from your retention specialist soon if you haven’t already.
- In addition to one-on-one support from Retention Specialists, academic support and online tutoring can be requested via this link: https://colostate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0BxrN33pTDsidlY. Please email Betty.Sims@colostate.edu with any questions.
- We know that the AAC is a hangout space for many of you and where you go to feel connected to others. With that in mind, we will continue planning community-building events throughout the semester. Check your emails/newsletter for all of our upcoming events!
Additionally, following University guidance, our offices in both Gibbons and Johnson Hall 119 will be open from 8am-5pm and will require masks. Staff will continue to be available in-person as well as virtually over zoom/teams to support you.
We know that starting your college journey or coming back to CSU with an ongoing pandemic is difficult and we will do our best to ensure you have the support and community as you transition from summer to this fall.
We all miss you and are super excited to continue building the AAC community again!
Academic Advancement Center