How To Apply
The AAC will be there for you during your entire CSU experience. We provide a range of programs and services beginning with our new student welcome through graduation.
- 1-on-1 Meetings with Professional Staff – Individualized meetings with a retention specialist at least twice a semester for academic, personal, and social support.
- AAC Arrive Weekly Seminar – A seminar series during your 1st semester with the AAC geared towards building community, developing academic strategies and supporting your success.
- Small Group Tutoring and Peer Mentoring – Access to free, small group tutoring and facilitated study session for a variety of subjects and peer group mentoring for additional academic and social support.
- Community Learning Forums (CLFs) – Workshops, based on student identified topics of interest that are meant to enrich your AAC and college experience.
- FAFSA, Financial Aid Guidance, & Financial Literacy – AAC students receive help and resources to navigate financing their education through support with FAFSA completion, scholarship searches, and financial education.
- Career & Graduate School Preparation – From determining the right major to information and assistance with resumes, interviews, and the GRE, students will receive guidance as they prepare for life after graduation.
- PASS (Pathways to Academic Success Seminar) – AAC students on academic probation will receive extra support, guidance, and instruction on skills through this academic recovery program to assist them in returning to good academic standing.
- Cultural Events, Service, and Celebrations – Our diverse community of students come together to learn about different cultures, serve our community, and celebrate with one another throughout the year.
Students who choose to participate in the AAC tend to be more academically successful than their peers, specifically in terms of GPA achievement, continuing from semester-to-semester at CSU, and ultimately graduating from CSU. We hope that you’ll choose to make the AAC a partner in your journey here at CSU.